Thursday, August 23, 2012

Heavy Lunch in M&M Bulalohan

Before heading back home to Manila we stop over for a Lunch in Tagaytay to the not so fancy but yummy M&M Bulalohan overlooking the beautiful scenery of taal lake and volcano. We didn’t eat breakfast so we were really hungry that moment. It was a windy and foggy afternoon and while waiting for our orders, we enjoyed sipping a free cup of hot bulalo soup.


I ordered Daing na Bangus with egg (95php) while my friend timmy ordered Tapa with egg which has the same price. The serving was huge and just good enough for me. Daing na Bangus was rightly tasty and a bit crispy. 



The famous Fried Tawilis “tawili-cious” first to eat fried tawilis it was tasty and crispy. It is eaten along with the fish spines, well if you’re comfortable of munching it besides its really okay, tiny and won’t hurt you. My friend Pikay actually did like the tawilis so she bought a bag of tawilis at 100php to Manong who is just vending around the place.

Sizzling Squid (200php) that was shared by my two friends. 

We also ordered Pork Sisig (200php) which is also good for 2 persons. 

The place is like carinderia-style but they do offer a good food at a reasonable price. I recommend this to motorist since it’s just a quick stop along the highway and likely to the people in budget yet would like to eat somewhere in Tagaytay overlooking Taal.

Before heading home, we gave the monkey a bread to eat and we were really entertained by this clever monkey a pet of Manong in the parking lot.

33 comments:

  1. Awesome photos! I'd bite those fishheads off any day! I miss fish, it's been 2 months since I've had sardines and tuna. I might bring back tilapia to my diet once I get better with this weird condition I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh and get well! Eating fish is healthy. Be healthyy :)

      Delete
  2. the foods looks deli, nagutom tuloy ako :)I like fried tilapia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarap!!! I so miss daing na bangus. So so so much! I miss Pinoy food :(

    Visiting from CE Aug21.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. daing na bangus is one of my fave! Masarap talaga :)

      Delete
  4. nice pictures but the menu is a bit pricey. anyway, as what you said, you enjoyed the food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yea it was a bit pricey but reasonably enough for its taste and portion besides the view was wonderful too :)

      Delete
  5. Tawilis looks really good. Love this kind of fish. Danggit is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dainggit is my favorite too among all the kinds of daing :)

      Delete
  6. hayy...nakakagutom naman. I really miss daing na bangus. wala kasing bangus dito sa Cambodia eh. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha wala bang filipino store dyan? when you get back here in the philippines! you should eat daing a lot :)

      Delete
  7. Hubby likes tawilis but I don't like it that much. The price seems steep for a carinderia setting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tawilis taste good! Yep right it was a bit pricey for a carinderia setting maybe because of their location which is overlooking the taal volcano.

      Delete
  8. I really don't like eating fish, but looking at the photo, it seems delicious. I only eat egg and the pork sisig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tawilis taste good you should try it soon :)

      Delete
  9. REally yummy looking food. Great that you enjoyed your meal at that restaurant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I did enjoy! it was actually my first time there :)

      Delete
  10. wow sarap! i love all of it..hehe:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. am not a big fan of fish either. but the bangus looks really inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. super oozing naman are the foodies here... pinoy food is the best ever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! nothing compares to our comfort food :)

      Delete
  13. as much as I hate getting the bones of the bangus out, i still love daing na bangus! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. miss the pusit so much!
    the food looks so tasty...

    ReplyDelete
  15. ilove the squid and pork sisig.. hehehe...
    -daddy allan (visit fro BCB)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to try that fried tawilis. Looks crunchy and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow! we ate there too! there's something absolutely divine when you dine with that gorgeous taal volcano as a backdrop! btw, i so remember that naughty monkey... :) followed you, by the way...

    ReplyDelete